If you see this growing in your yard, do not pick it up! Here is the reason why!
Purslane is a plant that many people think of it as an enemy, but what they don’t know is that purslane can bring many benefits for your wellbeing. The secret lies in the fact that it’s GMO free, and it’s rich in antioxidants and vitamins that are important for us.
This plant has also high amount of protein and that it why with its use you can become stronger.
SOME OF ITS BENEFITS:
- You might not know that purslane is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, and by that it has the power to prevent stroke, to decrease the possibility of ADHD in children, and autism.
- It’s also rich in vitamin A and it has even more of this vitamin than many others green leafy plants and it protects you from cancer.
- Calcium and iron are also present in purslane and they are highly important for the health of your bones.
- This amazing plant is low in calories and abundant in dietary fibers.
- The richness with vitamin C, magnesium, riboflavin, potassium is just another great thing about this plant.
You can consume purslane in many ways but the most suitable ones are in salads or sandwiches. You can also cook it as steamed, stir- fried, but we definitely recommend using it in salads.
It’s the best to keep it in your fridge for 3 days, and eat it while it’s still fresh. The plant brings the best health benefits when the leaves are green. You must clean the leaves with water before you eat them, so that you remove any dirt from them
Note: There is a group of people who should avoid purslane, and those people are the ones with known oxalate urinary tract stones. The reason for this suggestion is the oxalic acid, which is a substance that is present in some vegetables, and crystallize as oxalate stones in the urinary tract in some people.
As a conclusion, if you posses this plant in your yard, don’t throw it, but use it because of its amazing purposes.http://www.myhealthydays365.com/see-growing-yard-not-pick-reason/https://i2.wp.com/www.myhealthydays365.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/purslane-weed-750x440-750x440-compressed.jpg?fit=750%2C440https://i2.wp.com/www.myhealthydays365.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/purslane-weed-750x440-750x440-compressed.jpg?resize=150%2C150Generalpurslane,yard